President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military attack on Iran that he said had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing requests from leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
In a post on Truth Social, Trump said Qatar’s Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan asked him to hold off because “serious negotiations are now taking place.”
Trump said the leaders believe a deal can be reached that would be acceptable to the United States, countries in the Middle East and others. He said any agreement would include “NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN.”
Trump said he instructed Pete Hegseth, Gen. Daniel Caine, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the U.S. military not to carry out the scheduled attack.
He also said he directed them to remain ready to launch a “full, large scale assault” on Iran “on a moment’s notice” if an acceptable deal is not reached.
Earlier Monday, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said on X that dialogue “does not mean surrender.” He said Iran would enter talks with “dignity” and would not retreat from what he called the legal rights of the Iranian people and country.
The pause leaves the next step tied to negotiations, with Trump saying the planned strike is off for now but could proceed if talks fail.
A global media for the latest news, entertainment, music fashion, and more.














