Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said 15 people had been confirmed dead in Kyiv after an Aug. 19 Russian missile and drone strike.
More than 600 first responders from the State Emergency Service of Ukraine and police officers were working in Kyiv, Brovary and Boryspil, according to his later post.
Zelenskyy reported that 30 residential buildings, a school, a children’s hospital and a kindergarten were damaged in Kyiv and the region. An earlier Zelenskyy post said a Kyiv high-rise’s upper floors were destroyed.
The earlier post listed 12 deaths in Kyiv, one in the Kyiv region and about 40 injuries. The later update raised Kyiv’s death toll to 15 but did not provide a revised injury count.
The attack involved several missile types and 168 drones, Zelenskyy said. He reported that Ukrainian forces intercepted all Russian Kalibr missiles and 93% of cruise missiles, along with a “significant percentage” of drones.
Zelenskyy called ballistic missiles the greatest threat and said countering them depended on partner supplies of Patriot missiles.
His earlier post said drones struck a border crossing with Moldova in the Odesa region and gas infrastructure was targeted in the Chernihiv region.
Virginia Times has not independently verified the reported figures.
This is a developing story. Virginia Times will update as information becomes available.
A global media for the latest news, entertainment, music fashion, and more.














